Letter From A Girl: The Divorce Bill Breaks Her Heart

1:24 AM

I am proud of my country. On the late night news tonight, they said the the Philippines is one of last two states in the world where divorce is not legalized. And it feels good that we are one of the last countries standing, adhering to the Word of God regarding the sanctity of marriage.

tumblr_lfbf9jBL5H1qbv4sdo1_500

 

But my rejoicing didn`t last a long time. They said that divorce is now being talked about in Congress and they are considering passing a law that would legalize it.

 

If I could write a letter to Philippine Congressmen, I would tell them this:

 


To Every Filipino Congressman who`s Pro-Divorce:

 

I am a young lady in my early 20`s. In a few years, I may get married and may raise my own family.  I used to be a little girl who dreamed of fairytales. I am still the same girl who dreamed of wearing her wedding dress.

 

redlighttt

 

I know marriage is not easy. I know that couples have differences. I know there would be fights and there would be times I would be more willing to get away that to work it out. But even then, I would secretly wish we could work it out. I may think of giving up, but deep in my heart I would quietly wish we could hold on much longer. I would need you push me and encourage me to believe that things can be turned around, to try my best one more time, and to be strong give it all I`ve got.

 

Please don`t make me lose hope that marriage can be lifelong and beautiful. Please help me believe that things can be fixed if only we are willing to do so. Please teach me not to get into marriage easily thinking I could erase any trace of mistake anytime I want to. Please don`t make me think that when marriage is not going well, then marriage is a mistake.

 

-photographyxo

Please teach me to become responsible. Teach me to value family. Teach me to love. Teach me to obey God above all. Teach me not to be selfish, but to put others above myself. Teach me to value loyalty and fidelity. Teach me that I couldn`t just leave and find another man if things wouldn`t work out well between me and my husband.

 

I may sound selfish now. But I wouldn`t want to be selfish then. If I would give up on marriage before I even begin, I might give up on marriage when I`m already there… if you give me reasons to give up when I`m already there.

 

tumblr_lg28mssHvw1qdatx9o1_500

Right now, I am still hopeful. And I am still hoping that my generation would also learn to hope and believe that where the others have failed, we could stand up and begin…and we could also finish well.

 

I believe in marriage and  I believe God can make it last forever. Please build up our faith, our belief on marriage as a lifelong gift from God.

 

We are counting on you. This generation is counting on you for encouragement, for faith.

 

Please don`t fail us.

 


 

In the Bible, Jesus only allowed divorce in extreme cases of marital unfaithfulness, and He said Moses allowed it before because men`s hearts were hard. It wasn`t God`s desire.

Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?” Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.  I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

                                                                                       Matthew 19:3-9

I hope we view marriage as how God views it from the very beginning. Beautiful, lovely and glorious.

 

What God has joined together, let no one separate.

 

Goodnight!

 

Photo credits: Click on photo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *