Sweet List: Books To Love

4:29 AM

In response to my favorite writer Bonnie`s blog post about books that speak to her, I`m also listing those that made a way to my heart and made a big impact on my life.

 

tumblr_liurtg5bdh1qapv9io1_500

 

My heart feels warm and I stand amazed thinking God was able to use writings from people far, far away to touch others` hearts, open their eyes, bring light and truth to lies that creeps their hearts, and to change them into the image of His Son.

 

I just couldn`t imagine living without this gift of books. If not for them, my eyes wouldn`t be opened into many things I never knew before. They were one of the greatest instruments God has used to speak to me and introduce a part of Himself I`ve never encountered before.

 

So here`s my list… of my favorite books…those that served too powerful, I fell in love more with the Lord and  I was changed.

 

1. Next Door Savior by Max Lucadoimage

 

Don`t we need a God-man Savior? A just-God Jesus could make us, but not understand us. A just man just could love us, but never save us. But a God-man Jesus? Near enough to touch. Strong enough to trust. A Next Door Savior.

 

I love this book because it has refreshed my view about my Lord. He is God and all-powerful, and yet He is also feels how I feel and knows my heart. How could God be both so kind, loving, forgiving and yet so powerful at the same time? It still amazes me today. And I love Him more for loving me with all of Himself.

 

2. Finding Favor with the King by Tommy Tenneyimage

What Do You Give to a King Who Has Everything?

How does a simple peasant girl become a princess?

How can the church be transformed to enter the King's presence wearing His favorite colors and adorned with His favorite fragrance, a bride without spot or wrinkle?

My favorite part was when Tommy said Esther might have asked the chamberlain what were the king`s favorite color, what style does he likes, and she wore exactly that. Many times, we come to the Lord`s presence adorned with the style of worship we like instead of preparing what He likes. Should we come and present a gift he desires instead of what we do?

 

3. imageCompletely Loved by Shannon Ethridge

 

Did you know that God is pursuing you, not out of anger or disappointment but because He desires an intimate relationship with you? The Creator of the universe invites you to walk and converse with Him…

My favorite devotional!



4. In the Palm of Your Hands by Tomohiro Yoshinoimage

I believe I am always loved by God

whatever happens.
You exist within arm's reach.

You exist within calling distance.
You exist on my pillow on sleepless nights.

 

I`ve never had a favorite poetry book until I read this one. Very honest, truthful verses from a writer who got into an accident during his PE class early in his twenties. I am strengthened reading through times when he struggles but tried his best to encourage himself and be reminded that God is always with him and is always in control.

5. The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinsonimage

  

   God used this to give me the courage to leave my comfort zone and pursue my Big Dream.

 

 

 

 

6. imageGod Is Closer Than You Think by John Orberg

 

In the toughest times of my life, right in the middle of rejection, opposition, humiliation and much tears, God spoke to me that He is even closer than I ever imagined Him to be.

 

15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” –Genesis 28:15

 

 

7. imageDon`t Lose Your Crown by Warren Wiersbe

 

The letter of my dad`s discipler on the inside cover made a mark on me as a grade schooler. He said that my Dad had the heart of David… That day I read the book and told myself I really wouldn`t want to lose my crown like King Saul. I want the heart of David. I want to be close to God`s heart that my heartbeat sounds like His.

 

 

{Some of the} other books I love:

image image image image
image image image image

 

What books have inspired, encouraged and strengthened you? Please don`t forget to leave me a link when you do your own posts. I would also love to see!

 

Blessings!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Cathy!

    I also love "God is closer than you think' by John Ortberg. I read it last year and I'm reading it again this year. That's how much I loved it. I also love Ortberg's "If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat".

    thanks for your recommendations. My reading list for the year is pretty much full but I think I can accommodate the Lucado book in your list.

    Much love,

    jenny

    www.mannaforjenny.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jenny Hi Jenny! I love that book so much too. I remember reading inside the mall while waiting, and I`m trying hard to keep my tears from falling. hehe

    That Lucado books is really awesome! It will change your life. ;)

    I`m planning to read women`s books these year. What books are in your reading list? ;)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *