Beautiful Rain

7:25 AM

tumblr_loicdfaF9y1qjva42o1_500

There`s a storm over Manila today. From my window, I watch the rain pour out in the darkness. The sun still hasn`t risen and because of the bright lights across the street, raindrops seem like jewels glimmering in the air.

 

Beautiful, I whisper to myself.

 

Everything is silent. I guess people are indoors making a bowl of steamy soup also looking outside their windows, marveling at the beautiful rain I`m enjoying from mine.

 

blue

And I…I`m sipping on a cup of coffee… amazed at  how could something so beautiful come out what we first perceive as gloomy and discouraging.

 

There`s only one reason. I know it`s Him. It`s because of Him. And I look outside again with a bigger smile in my face—and with a deep joy in my heart. My God makes jewels out of rain.

 

photographyx

I love staring at the rain today. It`s because I am reminded that God`s ways are different from ours. His thoughts are higher. And what we may think as ugly for the moment, is beautiful when brought under His light.

 

Because Jesus is the beauty in everything.

His presence makes everything beautiful.

Even storms. Even rain.

 

There might be darkness as of the moment.

 

The wind might be cold and biting.

 

And the sun is taking a long time in coming.

 

But there is a bright streetlight that gives you hope and changes lonely water drops into crystal jewels in the air.

 

And that bright light is God. That bright light is Jesus.

 

When you let HIS light shine in Your life,

you see jewels you never noticed before.

You see beauty you haven`t seen before.

You may not understand everything clearly,

but you find His purpose.

And you know that you are valuable.

You find His hands working.

And You find His love.

 

And I know He`s making jewels out of the storms in my life and heart. For He makes everything beautiful—in His time.

 

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Romans 5:5

 

 

 

 

Photo credits: Click photo

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Lovely post and I just love a good rain-storm...it makes us all slow down a bit and appreciate everything around us. I also love the beauty after the rain...especially as dry as it has been here this summer. Greeting from Raleigh, North Carolina. Fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Roberta Thank you, Roberta! I love that--beauty after the rain. Rain won`t last forever. And when it`s done, God let`s the flowers bloom and sun shine!

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts today! God bless you heart, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jewels for our storms. I love that truth. BTW, rainy days are relaxing...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jeri@GodsDreamsForMe I find them relaxing too! I love rainy days as much as summer!

    God bless your heart, Jeri! Thanks so much for leaving a word today!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *