Nothing Can Stop You From Singing

4:41 PM

20110819_kimyeohee05
This afternoon, I heard a familiar song playing on the radio. I was excited because it has been over a year since I heard that playing in the local Christian radio station. It was one of my favorite songs during my early college days and it really brought back pretty memories, not only because the song was good, but because the singer who sang it really inspired me as young lady.

I was  on the bathroom when my sister Ava called me saying “Ate, Kuya Matt is on the radio!”. And I was much excited to listen as much as she did. Hearing Matt sing again was really a pretty thing (and a nice surprise for my boring day today. lol). I smile because hearing him hitting those notes makes me think he is still alive today.

*Ate means older sister and Kuya is older brother in Filipino.

 

But he is still alive today! He is alive and well today!

tumblr_lsiky1IM6U1qmom3io1_500_large

I looked up to Matt because of his big dreams and for his courage to pursue them. And I really wondered why God took him at 26, of lung cancer. If he was able to fulfill his dreams, more people would be inspired.

But I realized God did more for him that just fulfill his dreams. If Matt is singing now in His presence, wouldn’t that be the greatest honor for singer?  And I, who looked up to Matt, who’s listening to his song today, who knows his story… I am inspired too, not just to fulfill my earthly dreams, but to look forward to what’s ahead and to trust that whatever God allows to come into my life is His good and perfect and will.
God gives us better things than what we can think of.

tumblr_lscyb5lGVi1qb5d33o1_500

So when your dreams don’t happen the way you planned it…

When you wonder why God wants to bring you to another place you really didn’t planned to go…

When you look at the broken pieces and you don’t know how to put them all together again…

When you can’t find a reason to sing…

Just remember that in Him… for those who love Him… He makes all things work together for good. He has greater plans and wants to bring you to greater places…all because He loves you. You are His child and He wants the best for you.

And nothing can stop you from singing—because God gives you every reason to sing.

I'm thanking you, God, from a full heart,
I'm writing the book on your wonders. 
I'm whistling, laughing, and jumping for joy;
      I'm singing your song, High God.
Psalms 9:1-2
Good day!

Photo credits:
1, 2, 3

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *