Spring in October: Even When Things Don’t Happen Your Way

8:19 AM

Ay, my dear friends! It has been a very busy month. My September and October have been full-packed and I sleep like l live in the west. I  sleep when it’s bedtime in NY and early morning in MNL. {So if my friends in NY are wondering why I’m always available on chat, yeah, the reason is work.}

 

tumblr_lr4rfphYqv1qmu45co1_500

But, I am extremely happy and joyful for what God has been doing the past few weeks.

 

I wrote in a previous post that that September for me this year was a season of beginnings. Not only because September is my birthday month but because God brought me to a different place other than what I’ve planned.  And it was really like riding a plane to a destination of your choice but God brings you somewhere else. He makes the plane land in a different airport.

 

tumblr_lqtn7aghyt1qmu45co1_500

 

At first I was so scared and my heart raced because I didn’t know where God was leading me or why was He denying me the things I badly wished and hoped for. It’s hard when you were planning this and you were working hard for that but it just wouldn’t work out. And there were times I wondered if God really cared about my heart and if the desires of my heart mattered to Him. I was really hurt and broken and didn’t know where to go.

 

But ultimately, it’s for the greater good.  He just knows where you’re supposed to be, where you would grow and where you love Him more…where you would shine His light the brightest. And isn’t that our ultimate goal? Isn’t that what we live for? To give glory to One who made us?

 

tumblr_lpaj3c7Mbt1qmu45co1_r1_500

And now I see His hands moving, taking me to places I never thought I would go... and it just blows me away. I told a friend  that  sometimes, when God moves, you get so surprised and you can’t say anything. You just stand in awe and you can’t believe He’s giving you things you never even dared to ask for.  He gives you far greater things than your heart and mind can hope for.

 

And I know He’s just beginning.

 

 

tumblr_lt4d1b5CYU1qmu45co1_500

And I know He he also has great plans for you,too,  my friend! You just have to believe and hold TIGHT to what He has told you. God has so many good thoughts for us. We just have to trust Him. We just have to trust that He loves us and desires nothing that would harm harm us. He wants to give us the best.

 

This is one of my favorite quotes from Elisabeth Elliot and  this totally makes sense to me today.

 

God never witholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. God’s refusals are always merciful — “severe mercies” at times but mercies all the same. God never denies us our hearts desire except to give us something better.” — Elisabeth Elliot

 

tumblr_lsm7tfmrCA1qcntwzo1_400

So It’s spring in my heart… spring in October. Spring even though it’s fall. Because my God is the God new beginnings. And He gives beginnings regardless of season—even in summer, winter or fall. And because His love is enough. More than enough reason to keep me smiling, and happy, and joyful! I know my God is great and He has great things in store for me.

 

I’m ending with a quote from a friend, from his status on Facebook this morning after his plane landed in San Diego, very much far away from his destination.

 

I hope you get inspired to and keep on believing that no matter where we are, no matter our circumstance, God makes sense of it all. His love is enough reason to keep trusting that even though we are where we are right now, He will bring us to places greater that we have imagined before.

 

Have a great day!

 

I won't find myself and my happiness at my next destination; for it is right here in this moment, of existence: just to be a child of God.

At a deserted airport waiting for a bus. Perfect. –Jonathan Otto

 

Photo source

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *