Quotes From An Old Notebook

12:58 AM

I didn`t have  much to do the other day so I pulled the box under my bed where I`ve been keeping my old stuff—writings, journals, scripts, and illustrations. I was looking for a story I have written `cause I`m planning to rewrite it and then I saw my old Steno Notebook, the one I used as a journal when I was on my first year in college.

 

I totally forgot that after that semester, I used that notebook to compile quotes I have loved when I was in high school.  I`ve also written excerpts from books and magazine articles. But I could write everything here, so I just chose the quotes that I find beautiful and somewhat timely.

 

I hope you`ll have time to read on. Some are really sweet, some are important lessons to learn, some maybe treasures you would also not want to forget.

 

On Friendship

2624149600_7204d4a738_o

No birth certificate is issued when a friendship is born. There is nothing tangible. There is just a feeling that your life is different and that your capacity to love and care has miraculously been enlarged without any effort on your part. It`s like having a tiny apartment and somebody moves in with you, but instead of becoming cramped, the space expands, and your discover rooms you never knew you had until your friend moved in with you.

 

On Love

2nqgobc

Real love is always fated. It has been arranged before time. It is the most meticulously prepared of coincidences. And fate, of course, is simply a secular term for the will of God, and coincidence for His grace. --Mike Mason, The Mystery of Marriage

One does not fall in love, one grows into love and love grows in him. —Karl A. Menninger

Listening is an attitude of the heart, a genuine desire to be with another which both attracts and heals. –J. Isham

Love is known best by the blind, for it is meant to be known by the heart, not by the eyes.  –Peter Streiter

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched…but are felt in the heart. –Helen Keller

Girls who are critical can`t fall in love. They think of themselves highly. In other words, they are in love with themselves.

Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one`s life with pomp and blare, like a gay knight riding down. Perhaps it crept to one`s side like an old friend through quiet ways. Perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages, betrayed the rhythm and the music; perhaps…perhaps… love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath. –Anne of Avonlea

 

On Character

2586133929_175359116c_o

Talent is a gift but character is a choice… We do choose our character… We create it every time we make choices—to cop out or dig out of a hard situation, to bend the truth or stand on the weight of it, to take the easy money or pay the price.                             –John Maxwell

How many giving trees have there been in my life? How many released part of themselves so I might grow, so I might accomplish my goals, find wholeness and satisfaction and reach beyond the tiny, limited playground of my childhood? So, so many…

Now I, like the tree, have grown up. Now it`s my turn to give and some of that hurts. Apples, branches, sometimes the trunk. – Growing Strong In The Seasons of Life

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is really what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

It`s the action, not the fruit of the action, that`s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, not be in your time, that there`ll be any fruit. But that doesn`t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know  what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Surviving your life successfully requires courage; the goals and dreams you`re seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle—it only makes progress when it sticks its neck out.

If you don`t try, you have no chance.

To be sensitive is one thing, and to sense is another. One is an affair of the soul; the other, an affair of judgment.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *