I`m Dancing, I`m His Cinderella

5:29 AM

I was about to sleep when I heard my sister Ava listening to Cinderella—Steven Curtis Chapman`s lovely song, remember?

mwa_spr10_cherry2_xl 
I don`t know what happened tonight. I felt like it was God singing me that song. Not that I would be gone from His arms someday—it was a bit like a wedding song---but it just reflected the love of my Father in heaven! And everything suddenly turned into a fairytale. Right in my little room at midnight, there are butterflies fluttering and my heart is smiling. `Cause I`m dancing with my Father… and He holds me in His arms. And He`s looking at me and singing over my heart…


So I will dance with Cinderella…
`Cause I know something the prince never knew

Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song


And it`s better even than a million fairytales altogether.



What Cinderella Never Told Daddy

tumblr_lmb5zb23SP1qa0kvto1_500I always wondered what runs in His mind when He looks at me. And I had imagined all sorts of things.

I was the little girl who thought I need to be good in order to be loved. For many years, I feared that if I disappoint Him, His love would fade away, that He wouldn`t like me anymore. Because people like good girls. And I`m not a good girl all the time. And there were times that I doubted His love for me so badly that I gave up on myself and thought I wasn`t worthy to be loved. I called myself unlovable and not worthy to be His Cinderella.

I never told Him those fears. I kept that in my heart for a long, long time.

Daddy Loves To Dance
349804And then Daddy came and told me one thing He always loved and will always love to do: He loves to dance--with me, His little girl, Cinderella. And He told me that what`s running all this time. He  loves me and cherishes me deep in His heart. No matter what I do or what I become, I will always be the daughter He loves, the child He that makes His heart feel big, the apple of His eye. The little girl who jumps on His back and cling on His neck. The one He loves to tuck in bed at night and call by a sweet, funny nickname.

And He doesn`t want to miss even a moment. Not another moment.
And He doesn`t want to miss even one song.
So I should not run away.

`Cause I am His Cinderella.
And He knew something the prince never knew.

He knows my heart and everything about me… and He loves me just as I am.

I am His daughter and I am His treasured possession.

 
17The LORD your God wins victory after victory and is always with you.
   He celebrates and sings because of you, and he will refresh your life with his love.
Zephaniah 3:17
 
Photo credits: click photo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Cathy, this post made me cry. :) thank you. God Bless you always.

    Jenny
    www.mannaforjenny.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice, heart warming indeed.. God bless you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *