Only By His Grace

9:18 PM

sweet_girls_on_romance_novel_cover_b902I was chatting with a friend last night on Facebook and we were talking about God`s grace. How we both needed  God`s grace and forgiveness badly.

 

As I grow older and time passes by, I look at myself and realize that I am really nothing if not for Christ. I knew that for a long time, but I guess I`m starting to learn and understand it in a much deeper level than before.

 

sweet_girls_on_romance_novel_cover_b893

I have never become that perfect, good person. I, like Paul, can consider myself “chief sinner”. Nothing to boast about. I may be leading a group of young people, but that doesn`t mean I am holier than anyone. I look at myself and see who I really am before God—an imperfect, broken vessel—full of imperfections and weaknesses, only able to serve because of His grace.

 

But I thank  the Lord because He choses imperfect people. He calls broken people. He calls leaders who limp.

 

[wallcoo_com]_sweet_girls_illustration_on_romance_novel_cover_bi41338

It comforts me to know that I don`t have to try to become perfect to gain His love, or lose His love when I fall and make mistakes. He loves me as I am and desires to change me into the image of His Son. And I wanna be like Him, to be changed from glory to glory until I look like Jesus.

 

Thank you, Lord for your patience and your grace..even if I am a stubborn child. Thank you for always pulling me up and strengthening me. I want to be like You…

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great blog post, Ate Cat! :) Great reminder too...of God's love and grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful we don't have to be perfect too! God is so gracious to us, if we can remember that everyday, it will change who we are! Beautiful art work here :)

    Blessings,
    Mel
    Please feel free to stop by: Trailing After God

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He calls leaders who limp."
    Great phrase! Blessings,

    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy. This is the first time I came across your blog and I must say that this is truly different from all the other blogs I read. I also attend a Christian church and I appreciate what you said in your profile about God being everywhere. ;) It's just like what John Ortberg said: God is closer than you think.

    I think you have a knack for beautiful things and you have an optimistic view in life. We share the same passion in food as well. I'm your new follower now. Hope you could follow me back. ;)

    www.mannaforjenny.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! He does call leaders who limp. I also want to be like Him, to be changed from glory to glory until I look like Jesus. Iam going to follow you and I hope you will like what you read on my page as well and follow me. Here are my two blog links for your consideration

    Personal/ faith based http://thevisionoftruth.blogspot.com/

    Conservative Political
    http://theelephantstrumpet-tammy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a word of encouragement to those mired in the belief that God can't use imperfect vessels. God calls those labeled insignificant to make His power manifest through them. Fantastic post and the pictures are really cool!
    God Bless,
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the encouragement and kind comments, friends! Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *