New Twitter Look!

3:06 PM

It`s 2011 and I thought of getting some changes! I decided customize my Twitter design a bit so that it goes along with Periwinkle Confessions.

 

Twitter

So, what do you think?

 

But as much as I love tweeting these days, I realized the need to always check my heart even in the way and purpose of why I am using social media.

 

I`ve found some great reminders which struck me!

 

7 Deadly Sins Of Twitter http://bit.ly/hDPnBw

 

I`m afraid that this generation is becoming narcissistic, with children growing up knowing how to draw people`s attention to themselves. On Facebook, for example, the competition to get the most “likes”, to get more noticed is unspoken but is an obvious reality. And I`m afraid the younger generation, and even us, would get so absorbed with this, that we would get so familiar and not be able to point out what`s going on, how things are going wrong and not be able to set the limitations.

 

Sometimes I also find myself caught up in the hype and I really have to stop and go back to the foot of the cross and remind myself that Jesus is the only Hero, He is the Star; and drawing attention to myself instead of drawing people to Him is so, so pointless. It`s crazy!

 

Please  leave a comment about  what you think. Do you also find yourself a little consumed and self-absorbed not just with Twitter but will all other forms of Social Media like Facebook? Do you think social media can affect an entire generation?

 

God bless you, guys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *