Random Thoughts: On Facebook Games

11:27 PM

It`s been quite a while since I decide to quit playing Facebook games, online games, and PC games. And although I might not be the top 1 anymore in the games I used to play virtually, I`m happy to report that I`ve been productive in many other things in real life.

I started to draw again. Scribbles, that is… and a bit of sketches. Three years have passed since the last time I held markers, and pencils, and paint brushes and I have to get used to them again. But I`m having fun and I`m planning to draw, sketch or paint at least one page in my watercolor notebook everyday.

I also started doing scripts again! Oh, I have to seriously get myself into writing again. I`ve got two titles to finish and one series to retype because my old hard disk crashed. And this is the one thing that I would love to do for the rest of my life, so I better spend a lot of time preparing for the future. Tatay said it takes 10,000 hours of doing something until you master it. And I`ve done like about a year, so there would still be a couple or more years until I master this stuff and I don`t want to waste time.

There are so many things to do, and I`m glad I decided to quit doing those games and use the time I could save for doing the other things I used to do—those which I have always loved to do. And although I`m wondering how are my are crops doing and if my restaurant is stinking…I`m happy `cause now I have time to take care of real stuff (`Cause yeah, I`m planting flower seeds again. ;) and develop the gifts God has given me.

And if you are like me who loves to play with the games on Facebook, I want to challenge you to think about the things you used to do that you are not able to do now since you got into playing Farmville, and MafiaWars and all other games. Why not try to do them again and drop the games?

Or if you want to farm, maybe you could go into your grandparents` farm and help over. Anyway, it`s still summer break so you still have the time. Oh, you don`t have a grandparent who owns a farm? No excuse, help out on your mom`s garden! ;)

My point is that, why would you invest so much in your virtual life than in real life? There are so many things to enjoy in reality than to just watch them on your screen. You could help out in the family store or restaurant, help your brother clean his aquarium, bathe your pet… But please, don`t try to become a Mafia or pirate or whatever. Find something that would be helpful to the people around you or would develop your gifts or at least, something that will make you appreciate your life the way you never did before.

Don`t waste time getting a life on the net. Make real friends. Help real people. Do real stuff. You`ll be happier. Believe me.

P.S. And the horoscope! Please! The stars don`t know anything about you. Give your future to the One who knows and cars about you. <3 Love Lots.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *