Still A Beautiful Thing

1:11 AM

Whenever I find it hard to write, I always visit one blog. That blog with words that makes me remember me, that reminds me of me. The words I cannot say, the words I want to say…

Tonight is that kind of night when I don’t know what to say, when my heart cannot speak but only feels and needs someone to say the words for me. And I went back to read Adam’s blog. And found this.


When did the sky turn black?
When will the light come back?
This fight of my life is so hard, so hard, so hard
But I’m gonna survive
Oh, oh these are beautiful times


These days I feel like I’m not who I should be. I feel very different from “me”.  So many things have happened this year and I feel like I’m being transformed into a different person. My recent illness, bigger responsibilities, life-changing decisions I have to make…  They’re so hard it makes my head ache. J And I don’t know how or if I’d pass the test. And the season is painful.  No pruning is ever easy,  I guess. And this is the most painful pruning I’ve ever been yet. The challenges are way beyond what I thought I could endure. The test of character is way beyond what I thought I could ever handle. And I don’t know if I’d be better or the other way around.

Getting To Know Hope Again

But then I know there is hope. I know it now, not in a fancy kind of way, but in it’s pure form—raw and unadorned, when it’s the most impossible yet the only thing you can hold on to. Just like when the disciples' ship was storm-tossed in the dark of night. Like the third time Peter denied Jesus and probably forgot what forgiveness felt like. Like the time Jesus died on the cross and his followers didn’t know who to run to or what the future holds. I don’t know what the future holds. I don’t know even know if I’m making the right decisions for today. I don’t know how to get through, but I know there is hope.

I Hope In Him

I hope in the Lord because He is Hope. Even when the skies are not clear. Even when the darkness of the night stays longer than it should. Even when I can’t see Him or I don’t know how or if He will come through for me. I trust Him because of who He is. The God who saved me before, will save me now. And He will not change.

And I don’t have to ever be afraid of anything. Because of Him and His promise to save, the struggle is still a beautiful thing.


Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.”
But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory,
the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord, and he answers me
from his holy mountain.

I lie down and sleep; I wake again,
because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands
assail me on every side.
Psalms 3:2-6

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *