3 Days To Christmas: Thankful

3:39 PM

I saw this quote on Pastor Tim Dilena’s Facebook and I find it so funny!

 

botasmedias_large

When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings with toys at Christmastime. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs? —G. K. Chesterton

 

I really didn’t know Chesterton had this sense of humor. LOL But I was struck with the truth in this short word.

At Christmastime, we rejoice and celebrate. We delight in pretty lights and beautifully wrapped gifts. We are thankful to those who thought of us, those who remembered us to bake us a sweet treat or buy us a good toy. And sometimes we forget the God who has blessed us with the things we need the most, with what’s really essential.

 

Christmas--cupcakes-460391_681_1024

It’s so sad because God fades in the background at Christmastime, when it’s supposed to be His day, when it’s suppose to be His celebration.

 

But we can change that, right? We can go back to basics of it all and rejoice because we have a God who loves us and takes care of us.

 

I may not have much on my Christmas stockings (well, I’m already 24 years old. lol) and it’s my tiurn to fill Christmas stockings for cousins, nephews and nieces but God has filled my life more than I have ever asked Him to. He has filled my life with love and hope and I am so, very grateful.

 

Merry Christmas! Smile

Photo Source:

1,2

You Might Also Like

0 comments

♥♥♥

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *